Car Engine Diagnostics in Bedford, NS
What does a doctor do when they know or strongly suspect their patient has an illness or ailment? They diagnose their condition, right? Diagnostics is the process of diagnosing something, and it’s not just for people; it’s for cars, too.
If you think there might be something wrong with your vehicle, you’ve probably been searching, “Vehicle diagnostics near Bedford”, “Automotive diagnostics inspection services”, “Car engine diagnostics Nova Scotia”, or something similar. If so, we at NS Diesel & Automotive can help. Here’s what you should know about vehicle diagnostics.
“Can I get vehicle diagnostics near me in Bedford, NS?”
You can! If you come to our Bedford auto shop, we at NS Diesel can inspect your vehicle, assess the functionality of multiple components, and diagnose your vehicle with any problem it might have. We can also replace any damaged parts and offer advice to avoid incurring similar damage in the future. But how do you know if your vehicle can benefit from a diagnostic assessment?
When are engine and vehicle diagnostic assessments necessary?
Vehicle diagnostics can be part of a routine maintenance schedule or when you’re looking to find the cause of a problem. A regular maintenance schedule that includes diagnostics can reduce the chances that your vehicle will have major problems in the future.
NS Diesel & Automotive diagnostic services
At NS Diesel, our technicians can assess different components of your vehicle, including:
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) – Without a working ABS, your car will skid on icy and wet roads.
- Air Bags – Nothing is more important than safety, so at NS Diesel, we’ll always ensure your airbags are working properly.
- Alternator – Your alternator must be in good working order to fully charge your battery and power your electrical system while your engine is running.
- Batteries –Your car battery powers your radio, headlights, and other electrical components.
- Charging System – Even with a working battery, if your battery terminal posts, clamps, and cables aren’t functioning, your electrical components may not be able to work.
- Exhaust – An exhaust in good working order isn’t loud nor does it rattle.
- Rough Running – Rough running while idling is often caused by an issue with the oxygen sensor, fuel filter, or pump.
- Scan Tool – At NS Diesel, we have a scan tool that diagnoses problems and re-programs a vehicle’s control modules.
- Warning Lights – As soon as you notice that your check engine light is on, or any other warning light, you should come to NS Diesel.
- Misfires – Misfires are common symptoms of larger problems.
- Hard Shifting – Shifting from one gear to another should not be smooth, not difficult or grinding.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) – The TPMS sensor signals when the air pressure in your tires is insufficient.
- Emissions Test – An E Test measures the pollutants your vehicle.
NS Diesel & Automotive offers vehicle diagnostics in Bedford, NS
If you’re in the Bedford area of Nova Scotia, there’s no need to keep searching for an engine diagnostic shop near you. Just come to NS Diesel & Automotive. We can perform any diagnostic service you need.
To book an appointment for car diagnostics at our Bedford shop, please click here. To learn more about vehicle diagnostics, or about our other services and products, please contact us via our website, or call us at 902-446-0449